The Research Section within the Division of Information & Research conducts specialized injury and industry research by collecting, reviewing and comparing data that is relevant to workers' compensation issues in Kentucky.  Complex Structured Query Language (SQL) queries are completed and reports are formatted to answer in-depth open records requests and to monitor agency, carrier and employer performance.  This data is highly beneficial when it comes to exploring areas of legislative interest.
The Research Section maintains the DWC Web site, produces all the agency's publications and has the responsibility of processing WC letters that are driven by statute.
Routine statistics may be gathered through accessing the DWC Annual Report Fiscal Year 2014-2015 or by contacting the DWC, Research Section.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q.     How do I file an open records request on a specific company or insurer?
A.     You may file an open records request by fax or mail to the following:
General Counsel/Open Records Request
Department of Workers' Claims
657 Chamberlin Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601
Fax:  502-564-0681
Q.     Where can I get a copy of the Workers' Compensation Guidebook?
A.     The guidebook may be accessed through the DWC Web site under publications 2011 Workers' Compensation Guidebook or you may contact the Research Section and one will be mailed to your address.
Q.     Was a WC letter generated and if so, when was it mailed out?
A.     You may find out if/when a statute letter was mailed by contacting Kim McKenzie at 502-782-4484.​
Fran Davis, Director of Information & Research
Phone:  502-782-4578
Fax:  502-564-5732​
Department of Workers' Claims
657 Chamberlin Avenue
Frankfort KY  40601
Phone: (502) 564-5550