The following applies to all minors fourteen (14) and fifteen (15) years of age enrolled in school or participating in a home school program.
1. May work three (3) hours per day on a school day, eight (8) hours a day on a non-school day, and up to eighteen (18) hours total in a week when school is in session.
2. May work eight (8) hours per day, forty (40) hours per week when school is not in session for the entire school week.
3. May work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
4. Between June 1 and Labor Day, the minor may work as late as 9:00 p.m.
5. Minors under sixteen (16) years of age may not be employed during regular school hours.
6. See a list of prohibited duties considered hazardous by selecting 803 KAR 1:100
in addition to the list provided below.
1. Manufacturing or storing explosives.
2. Driving a motor vehicle and being an outside helper on a motor vehicle.
3. Coal mining.
4. Logging and sawmilling.
5. Power-driven wood-working machines.
6. Exposure to radioactive substances and to ionizing radiations.
7. Power-driven hoisting equipment.
8. Power-driven metal-forming, punching, and shearing machines.
9. Mining, other than coal mining.
10. Slaughtering, meat packing or processing (including power-driven meat slicing machines).
11. Power-driven bakery machines.
12. Power-driven paper-products machines.
13. Manufacturing brick, tile, and related products.
14. Power-driven circular saws, band saws, and guillotine shears.
15. Wrecking, demolition, and ship-breaking operations.
16. Roofing operations.
17. Excavation operations.
18. In, about or in connection with any establishments where alcoholic liquors are distilled, rectified, compounded, brewed, manufactured, bottled, sold for consumption or dispensed unless permitted by the rules and regulations of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (except they may be employed in places where the sale of alcoholic beverages by the package is merely incidental to the main business actually conducted).
19. Pool or billiard room.
Select a link below for additional information.