Registered Apprenticeship mission statement should go here. I'm not sure how long it will be, so I'm just filling in some words.
is an innovative work-based earn-and-learn model that meets national standards for registration with the U.S. Department of Labor and the Kentucky Office of Apprenticeship. It is a formal system of employee training that combines on-the-job learning with related technical instruction. It is designed to produce highly skilled workers who are fully competent in all aspects of an occupation, including knowledge, skill and proficiency of the job. With apprenticeship training, there is a written contract between the apprentice and the sponsor (business), approved by and registered with the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the U.S. Department of Labor, that specifies the length of training, school hours, and outlines the skills of the trade to be learned and the wages the apprentice will receive. Kentucky’s apprenticeship program allows employers to design their own training program that provides apprentices with specific skills, training and job-related instruction tailored to the company’s needs.
Kentucky Registered Apprenticeship Expansion Project
To view the Request for Proposals (RFP) and all associated requirements, please note the following:
1. The link to the RFP is: https://emars.ky.gov/webapp/vssonline/AltSelfService (the Internet Explorer browser should be used)
2. Click on “Guest Access”
3. In the Keyword Search, type “1700000258” and 2 RFPs should appear
4. Click on the “Details” tab for the one titled, “Kentucky Registered Apprenticeship Expansion Project”
5. Click the “Attachments” tab and then on the highlighted “File Name”
6. A box will pop up on the bottom of your screen asking if you want to “Open” or “Save” the document. Click “Open.”
It is very important that you register in Kentucky’s Vendor Self Service System
if you plan on responding to this Request for Proposals - the link is here: Vendor Self Service System
. Just click on “Register” to join or login with existing credentials if you have them. Please note:
All addendums, notices or changes will be recorded in the Vendor Self Service System, so it is very important that you check the website regularly for updates.
*Note: This program will not open in the Google Chrome browser.
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Gibson at 502-564-4298 or email her at email@example.com